The purpose of Unity Intergroup is to promote the unity within the Intergroup, to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, to be aware of and serve the needs of member Groups and to carry the message of Overeaters Anonymous to the compulsive overeater who still suffers, by:.
- Furthering the OA program in accordance with the Twelve Steps, Twelve Traditions, and Twelve Concepts of OA.
- Maintaining a Communication Center for the Intergroup.
- Providing a format for selection of Board Officer nominees.
- Providing unity of Groups and organization of Groups within the Intergroup.
- Conducting various recovery events that help further the aims of the Intergroup and member Groups.
Unity Intergroup meetings are open to all. The are held every first non-holiday Saturday of the month from 10:30 am to noon at St. John’s Presbyterian Church (room 212) in Berkeley. Please note that meeting dates subject to change due to holidays. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing address: PO Box 11561, Oakland CA, 94611.
If you’re interested in volunteering with Intergroup, please come to the next Intergroup Meeting! Open positions have an asterisk (*), and we are slowly adding updated job descriptions.
Answering Service Coordinator
Bylaw Committee Chair
Electronics Documents Manager
Meeting Schedule Coordinator
Public Information and Outreach Chair
Region 2 Representative (3)
World Service Representative (2)
*12th Step Within Chair